Posted to rec.woodworking
D. McDaniels D. McDaniels is offline

Default "door" panels

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:53:48 +0000, BobS wrote:

If you're already routing or making a dado to insert the panel into the
frame, then just continue that into the mitered ends and use splines. If
your groove is 1/4" deep, then the spline should be the same thickness as
the panel insert, a tad longer than the length of the miter cut and a tad
under 1/2" in width to allow for glue. Use some spare pieces of the ply
to make the 4 splines. After the glue dries, trim the ends of the
splines.

Bob S.

Bob,

Any chance you have a link to a picture or illustration showing this? I'm
being a bit of a dummy this morning -- can't quite wrap my haed around it.

David