Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst N Hurst is offline

Default "door" panels

D. McDaniels wrote:
Hi All,

I need to make several "door" panels for access ports to the attic.
Basically, I need a 1x4 routed frame with a plywood insert.

What's the best fasteners/method to join boards with a 45 degree miter? I
can't afford a biscuit joiner for this tiny amount of work.

Sure appreciate any suggestions.

You could get a miter saw (the box type with the handsaw) for under
$30. Glue it up, and maybe put some of those corrugated staples on the
back of it for a little extra stability.

That's probably what I'll be doing when I have to do the same thing in
the near future (assuming another, better, idea doesn't show up here!
:-) )

-Nathan