Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Bizarre behavior at Amazon

Leuf wrote:
Price Matching

Amazon.com does not have a price-matching policy at this time. We do,
however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on
everything we carry.

So me thinks you have a link to an outdated page that you cannot get
to from the main page, that probably shouldn't be there anymore.

-Leuf

No, for tools they do have a price matching policy. For everything else
they don't.
Look on the main tools page.

That said, I've learned that it's never worth the hassle to try to take
up someone on a price match. Just buy it from the better place.

I tried once to do a price match at Lowes. I didn't even care if I got
the 10%.. just a match to save me driving another 20 minutes. They
bitched and whined, so I just walked out and bought nothing at Lowes
and everything at the second place.

I imagine on Amazon, it would be a total nightmare to try to price
match, unless you enjoy talking/emailing Indian CSRs, which I despise
doing.