Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default Bizarre behavior at Amazon

"Toller" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...

Toller wrote:
There have been a number of negative posts about Amazon recently. Well,
this is one more.

Woodcraft has the Triton 3.25hp router for $200, while Amazon is $255.
Amazon's policy on their website is that they will beat anyone's price
by
10% of the difference. Not a great policy (Lowes beats prices by 10%,
not
just the difference), but not bad.

I tried to take them up on it, and they denied they had such a policy.
I sent them a link to the policy on their website.

How about if you post that link for us too?

The link is right on the page for the router!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...7?docId=117374
"Amazon.com's Tools & Hardware Store is committed to offering you the best
possible prices on tools and equipment. We will not be undersold. If you
find a better price elsewhere, we will match that price and beat it by 10%
of the difference."

Could anything be clearer?
Please note, they didn't claim the router didn't qualify for price
matching; they said they have no such policy. Well, obviously they do.

I like the last line of the policy: "All price matching is at the discretion
of Amazon.com's Tools & Hardware Store and is subject to change at any
time." Apparently, they changed it while you were on the phone!.

todd