Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.english.usage
James Thompson James Thompson is offline

Default Hamfest ticket

"mm" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:24:46 -0400, "James Thompson"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

Still, this is the stub that I keep, not the part that gets put in the
drum for the raffle, and the phrasing seems strange. It sounds like
those stick on labels from conventions and singles dances that say
"Hi! My name is ...... " Do some also have "What's yours?"? But
no one pins this stub to their shirt. So on this piece of paper, it
doesn't serve to identify anyone to anyone.

* Some do pin them to there hats. I have been to a few of them and saw
many
there wearing there ticket stub. Just so that freinds they talk to on the
radio might see there call sign and ID them as a friend.

Makes sense.

JTT, I AM KF4HUF.

I was KN9FAI, but that was for a 1-year novice license. I never got
up to 13wpm, so I couldn't go any further at the time.

I took the new test without any studying and passed it, but I have no
transmitter, so I don't remember my call.

I've been to many of these at I think 14 different locations in SE Pa,
Md, and N. Va. and I don't think I've ever noticed someone wearing the
stub in his hat. So that's why I didn't get it. This was the first
time I went to Berryville, Va.

But you have seen it so I'm sure that's the reason.

I have a couple other stubs and they don't have the I Am, but I'm
going to pay more attention

Yes, like you said - not all tickets have that on them. Maybe it is
catching on. It was mostly the older guy's that did it. The younger crowd
is more of a click group and not really interested in making distant
friends. Or probably it was a club there that was doing it.
This was at the Dayton Ohio ham fest. Advertised as the biggest electronics
swap meet in the USA.

OT: Michael Terrell - did you have a happy birthday