Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Advice Buying "Blade-Left" Circular Saw Sidewinder or Worms

"Leon"

Basically a right blade is for right handers and a left blade is for left
handers. The whole idea is so that you do not stand directly in line with
the spinning blade and so that the dust does not spray back in your face.

Leon, That's not what I've found. Framers here (most all) generally use the
worm drive, left blade saw. In addition left blade saws out sell right
blade saws 5 to1. Dewalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, all sell their saw, classified
as heavy duty or framers saw only in a left blade configuration. There must
be a reason.

Left blade allow me to look at the line without having to lean over the saw.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com