Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Advice Buying "Blade-Left" Circular Saw Sidewinder or Worms

"Alan Smithee" wrote in message
I'm left handed and left eyed, but I've been weined using right handed
circular saws. Now that I need a new circular saw I'm thinking of buying a
blade-left. My question is: I'll probably hold the saw with either hand.
Are
there other advantages to buying a blade-left saw. I'm looking at the
Porter 32x or 42x model. Also, any advice on changing from a side-winder
a worm/hypoid? Thx.

Basically a right blade is for right handers and a left blade is for left
handers. The whole idea is so that you do not stand directly in line with
the spinning blade and so that the dust does not spray back in your face.