Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Yuk! HOME DEPOT is awful these days

wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:50:21 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:23:03 -0500, grappletech
wrote:

Both of those are criminal offenses in all localities in the US of
which I am aware. In what localities is requiring that one show a
store employee the contents of one's shopping bag before leaving the
store a criminal offense?

What irritates me is when I go to a store and buy ONE item, and the clerk
shoves it into a bag, no matter how small it is. Then I say "I don't
need
a bag." "All merchandise must be bagged to prove you bought it", they
say,
in a rude voice. So I usually take the item out and throw the bag on the
counter and give them a nasty look after I get my change. Gone are the
days of the customer being right.

I never had a HD employee insist on putting my eight-foot 2x4 into a
bag!

Have you ever tried to shoplift one by sticking it down your pants?

No, but I did see a couple of guys wheel out a whole orange cart load of
concrete sacks the other day. Straight from the rack to the truck. Right
past about six HD employees. One of the pair looked me right in the eye,
and knew I knew.

I just shut up and walked. They were parked right next to me and loading up
the goods. When I got in my truck, we made eye contact again.

I'm not getting shot over some concrete.

Steve