Roy

Default Bandsaw Project is on my website

On 26 Dec 2003 20:29:25 -0800, (Bob
Thomasson) wrote:

===Roy,
===
===Nice job. It seems like whenever someone asks a question about
===building something themselves, one of the first replies is always "You
===can't do that,it isn't practical and you should just buy one." Your
===site is living proof that yes, we can do that, and have a great time
===in the process.
===
===I've been thinking about the design of a bandmill type sawmill, and
===although I don't have anything on paper or metal yet, my wheel
===adjustment system is very similar to yours. In fact, after seeing
===yours, mine will probably be even more similar.
===
===Thanks,
===
===Bob

A bandsaw mill powered by a gas engine is something I also have been
kicking around for some time myself. I have lots of large pines and
oaks on my property that I would like to cut into rought lumber for
building odds and ends with around the barn etc. I could easily get
all my required firewood from the larger limbs and utilize the main
trunks for some usefull lumber.

Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.