Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Reinforcing Corian?

By the way Toller, 1/2 minus 3/8ths equals 1/8th. Glue more Corian
rather than ply for reasons stated by another poster. A couple/few or
four countersunk fasteners are a great idea. Corian does flex and needs
reinforcement as close to your router plate as possible. Tom
Toller wrote:
I am making a router tabletop out of 1/2" corian. The Insert is 3/8",
leaving 1/4" of corian. That might be strong enough, but I sure don't want
to chance it. I would like to reinforce the bottom. I can glue plywood or
more corian to the bottom around the cutout to strengthen it.

Would plywood (1/2"?) be adequate, should I use corian, or something else?
Is epoxy a good choice for the glue, or maybe polyurethane?
Is glue adequate, or should I work some bolts into it as well?