Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default access to underside of lawn tractor??

It should be designed so that the mower deck can be removed and flipped
over. By the time you mess with jacks, stands, ropes, trees, etc, it's
just easier to remove the deck. Safer too.

-rev

Brigitte wrote:
Hi Group,
I hope this is the right place for this question. If it isn't, please
direct me in the right direction...

I recently purchased a used lawn tractor and it seems the blades are
either needing to be sharpened, or they are too low, or something, cuz
it's not cutting in a level path. It seems that one side of the
blade(s) is lower on one side.

I'd like to get under there and check it out, but I can't figure out
how to access the underside. Previously I've owned rear-engine Snapper
riding mower and it was easy to place it on it's "back" and access the
underside. It seems you can't do that with this tractor.

It's a "Lawn General" 17hp with 42" blade. Anyone with any hints on
how I can easily access the underside of this lawn tractor, I'd sure
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Brigitte