Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] raven@westnet.poe.com is offline

Default Need to remove concrete floor in bathroom

Norminn wrote:
wrote:

snip
......Thanks in advance for the responses.

A very puzzling scenario! You have the tub pulled out and found a
concrete slab beneath it and on top of wood rafters? Tub drains go
through the slab? Whole bathroom has concrete slab floor? Any chance
it is just an old concrete shower pan that someone put flooring over and
put a tub on top? What is there in the crawlspace that comes THROUGH
the slab? An old shower pan would be a very likely place for leaks and
rot, but I would hack away at a floor not knowing where I'm going.

He's saying "slab" but what I think he's looking at is a floor that was
done as a mud job, (where instead of concrete backer board, and layer of
tar paper expanded steel and a dry mix of concrete is put over the
subfloor).

Still, leaving that "slab" intact and just work on the damaged area is a
good point.

John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.