Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] flansp78@hotmail.com is offline

Default Wood floor over vinyl / linoleum

jmyszka wrote:
Thanks to all those who have helped me on this project so far!

My next question: The vinyl/linoleum floor in the kitchen looks to be
a miserable job to rip up and remove all the adhesive. Does anyone
know if it would be possible to glue the bamboo directly to the
existing floor after a good cleaning? If it won't be, can anyone
recommend a great adhesive remover? I've purchased a long-handled
scraper, and it just doesn't seem to do the job on its own.

Many thanks!

Joe

Go out and buy enough 1/4" luan and nail it down over the exsisting
floor. Once done, then put down your new floor over the luan. Have
done this several times without an issue.

Paul