Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default how tough is tiling a shower?

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:04:40 GMT, mrbubl wrote:

:Jack wrote:
: I am trying decide if I should try to put tile in my new shower
: myself.. or pay a professional to do it. I will put in tile floor
: myself, but I am afraid any small mistake in the shower will lead to
: leaks and major damage in the years ahead.
:
: Has anyone tiled their own shower? (it is now just studs, complete
: re-do of the area.
:
:how much is your time worth and do you have experience in doing tiling
:and do you have all the necessary tools to do the job right?
:
:You be the judge, not too easy but not too hard either. YMMV

IMO, it's one of the easier DIY jobs if you cover the bases. Do your
homework, get the materials and tools you need and follow the
recommended procedures. I think it's hard to go wrong if you do that. I
did a bit of tiling in a bathroom 24 or so years ago, and IIRC I did the
shower and the floor and was happy with the results. I soon moved, but I
felt confident I did the job right.