Christian McArdle

Default How do I wire a double socket?

I am not sure of my facts here, however isn't it the case for computer
room installations that the two earth paths should be bonded to the
socket separately, thus using both terminals on the socket?

Yes. The two earth terminals are provided so that you may comply with the
high integrity earthing requirements. This requires the earth loop in a ring
main to never use the same terminals at the sockets or consumer unit. This
means that if an earthing terminal comes free, the earth loop is never
broken. It is a good idea to do it for all circuits when initially wiring.
It is much harder to achieve for radial circuits and spurs, as you always
need two routes back to the consumer unit, which is particularly difficult
if the radial is wired as a heavily branched tree. With a spur, you need to
run the main cable, and an additional separate earth cable to a suitable
point. I wouldn't bother in this case.

Christian.