Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walmart going after Home Depot?

Was the staple gun defective? If not, I think it would serve the customer
better if you'd taught him/her how to unjam the thing. This way, there's no
need for a trip to the store in the future. Or worse, having to stop work on
a project because the store is closed.

"cm" wrote in message
OK now ya did it.... Here's my HD idiot story. I was up in Las Vegas
servicing a Home Depot store as a staple gun rep. I was cleaning up the
display and an HD employee walked up with a customer in-tow and said the
customer came in with a jammed staple gun. I glanced at the gun and told
the employee to give the customer a new one and that HD would get credit
for the broken one. Very simple/fair resolution right? Not good enough for
the HD employee. He wants to fix the staple gun..... He points it at his
face so he can see what is jamming the gun. I say, DO NOT FIRE THE GUN
TOWARDS YOUR FACE. What's he do? He pulls the trigger, luckily the gun is
still jammed. Then he takes a writing pen and tries to free the jammed
staple and points it towards his face. I tell him once again, DO NOT FIRE
THE GUN TOWARDS YOUR FACE....He pulls the trigger again!!! I guess they
call it DUMB LUCK because the gun was still jammed. I grabbed it out of
his hands and handed the customer a new gun.

cm

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"cm" wrote in message
I was doing paperwork with the news on yesterday and thought I heard them
talking about Walmart going head to head with Home Depot!??? Did I hear
this right? I just caught the end of the story.

cm

Not sure how any company could have a strategic plan like that,
considering that the hiring process involves rolling dice and hoping you
get employees with an IQ higher than that of a serving spoon.