Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Hypothetical question for wreckers

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:30:20 -0600, dgadams wrote:

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 05:36:51 -0700, foggytown wrote:

Assume that there were no power tools in the world. Would you still be
a keen woodworker? Be honest.

I don't think I would, at least not to anywhere near the extent I am at
the moment. There would be so many things I would be unable to do, or
would be able to do in a crude manner. It would drive me nuts.
Frustration would reign. Does that make me a true Normite? (sigh) I
guess it does!

Yes. I started as a kid with a set of hand tools selected by my granddad
and bought by my mother as a birthday present. That's all I had until my
teenage years when I got a jig saw. It wasn't until after college that I
had enough income to start buying power tools. Now I've got most all the
power tools I need and have started moving back into hand tools. I'll
probably end up with just hand tools in the end. Second childhood?

D.G. Adams

that, or your dependents take away all the dangerous power ones.. *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis