Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mbrewer@sc.rr.com is offline

Default Lifting an existing house onto pylons

I recently purchased a 30 year old house on the coast. The house is
currently on a crawl space, but I would like to lift the house onto
pylons before I renovate and add-on. Can anyone tell me if lifting the
existing 1100sqft onto pylons would be smart to do, cost effective,
etc.? Or would the project be so extensive that I would be better off
leveling the house and starting from scratch with a new house? Any
advice is welcome.

Thanks.

In the Charleston SC area, houses of all types have been lifted and
moved.
The simpler the footprint of the building and the more regualr the
framing, the easier.
TB

Thanks. I will check into the cost.