Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default stupid Craftsman parts question

"Me" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi...

We've got a Craftsman sander that has spring clamps that are shot. I
found the replacement parts on the Sears website ($2 with $6
"handling"). The website says that none of their stores within 50
miles have them in stock.

Seems silly to pay 3x more for "postage" than the parts cost. Any
suggestions on where to find the stupid little chunks of metal other
than a Sears part store?

thanks
_mark

You may be able to get a new Chinese junk sander for around $8 in places
like Harbor Freight. In recent years I've found some of those Chinese power
junk tools are equal or better than some of the Craftsman crap.