Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default Home inspection Courses in California?

bdeditch wrote:
My son recently told me that he was planning on taking a Home
inspection course, his amount of construction amounts to a couple of
months working for a roofing contracter setting shingles on the roof.
Is it really that easy to get to be a home inspector??

Based on the three I have used he is overqualified.

DAGS or search your state's website. Here in Cali Jr (NJ) the process
is similar to becoming a plumber. You need to work with a 'certified'
inspector for so many inspections, have them check you work, blah,
blah, blah. When you have done enough inspections you can get your
license. Other states all you need is a flashlight.

He also mentioned that it was to cost about $10,000 for the course.
Isn't this the same amount for a PHD in something. I keep smelling "Rip
Off!!"

Sounds just like the asbestos abatement training schools scam.