Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] felderbush001@yahoo.com is offline

Default Exposed Romex in Garage...

Lawrence wrote:
wrote:
Howdy all.
This Fall I'm planning on installing an exterior outlet on my in-laws
garage. The walls of the garage are finished with paneling. I would
prefer to run exposed romex just to make the job more simple. Besides,
an existing line in the garage is exposed romex that was installed by
an electrician many years ago. The exposed romex would be well above
head level and would be stapled. Can anyone forsee any problems in
doing this? I can't see any cases where the romex would be subject to
damage. As for the run down to the outlet box, the romex would be
stapled to exposed studs in that area. BTW, I'm in the U.S.

first you said the garage had finished walls then you said there were
exposed studs. which is it??

The walls are finished except for a foot wide section beside the garage
door opening. It is in this section that I would run the romex down to
the outlet.