Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default Motion-Detector Light and Deer

Buck Turgidson wrote:
I have a deer (or a very large rabbit) eating hostas in our back yard.
Would a motion detector security light scare it away? I don't want to put
any poisons or other such things out there.

Andy writes;
An electric fence of the type used for cattle with the following
modifications:

Hang aluminum strips about 2 feet long every 15 feet or so. Smear
them
with peanut butter.

The deer see the strips and smell the peanut butter and then try
to eat it. It knocks them for a loop. They learn, after about 2 tries,
stay the hell away...

You may have to repair the fence the first couple of time because
the deer become airborne and may fall on the fence.....

By the way, it doesn't hurt the deer any more than taking a **** on
an electric fence.... Not deadly, but unpleasant, and they learn
FAST...
( ..... just like I did :))))) )

Andy in Eureka, Texas