Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Artemis Artemis is offline

Default Tree Root Problem

cover wrote:
Many thanks to all of you for your replies. Appreciate that very
much. The tree is a fairly healthy size maple tree and the trunk is
approximately 15' from the slab. A trencher just might be the easiest
approach. Any thoughts on using an axe versus some sort of root saw
if a person doesn't want to bring great harm to the tree. It's fairly
mature and I hate to damage it too significantly but at the same time,
have property to protect.

If you have a sawzall, you can buy a pruning blade for about $6. They
are about 12-15" long and will go through dirt and roots like butter. I
used one to cut the roots off a stump so I could pull it up and it was
the easiest stump I have ever removed.

--
Art