Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Worked just fine, thanks

"Tex" wrote in message
. ..
In article , says...

"Toller" wrote in message

Well, when I dry-fit it, there still a gap I can't get rid of; the gap
is
uniform all across, so my cuts are good. I marked up a biscuit with a
central line, and the central line falls exactly on the edge of the
slot.
I have thinking that maybe the clamping on 90degree joints is adequate
make it work, but the clamping on 45degree joints won't push them
together, and I have to make my slots a hair deeper.

I went though 100 biscuits and pulled out the narrowest ones. They
varied
from 1.917 to 1.945, with most between 1.924 to 1.931.
Everything fits fine now.
I even upped the count from 2 per joint to 4.

One of these days I will increase the cutter depth a couple thousanths,
but it hasn't been a problem except on the angled cuts.

'
er.. 0.917 to 1.945 etc.

Lemme see! They varied 0.018" (WOW! EIGHTEEN WHOLE THOUSANDTHS!). You
actually sorted 100 biscuits and took the time to measure some of them
to 3 decimal places when you could have reset the depth an eighth of an
inch or snipped off an edge? I don't mean to pry into your inner
thoughts, but I'm amazed you went to all that much trouble -- it ain't
brain surgery cutting biscuit slots. Besides, they're on the inside,
the slot is filled with glue, and the biscuit is going to expand with
the glue moisture. WHY??????

ah, because the wide ones caused a gap in my joint while the narrow ones
worked.
You amaze easily.