Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Anyone Here Tried One Of These?

Tue, Aug 15, 2006, 2:43pm (EDT-1) (Prometheus)
doth sayeth:
snip the belt liked to slip off the roller snip it had a tendancy to
gouge things very quickly.
Useful for rough work, an maybe carving- but not really a finishing tool
in any sense of the word.

I wonder if it would be possible to take down the center of the
roller a bit, making two "lips" to hold it in?

That was my thought, it would tend to gouge. I think it'd probably
be best suited to metalworking.

For roughing work out, I think I'd prefer chisels. For precision
work, nothing quite compares to a chainsaw.

JOAT
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.