Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Taylor Tim Taylor is offline

Default Tool You Just Love To Use

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Different question. What tool do you just like to use? Be it a kick,
or a zen experience, it's the one you just look for an excuse to grab."
Tom

I can't explain why but I love the sound of my Ridgid Jointer. It has
the most quietly balanced hum of any power tool I've used since a 25
year old Powermatic Table saw long gone. Since the little jointer only
cost $350 I was shocked upon turning it on the first time. Sometimes I
turn it on just to listen. I was expecting a rough beast and found
excellence.

That would be the 6 1/8" job? Have you ever had to replace your blades yet?