Posted to misc.consumers.house
john john is offline

Default Consumer Notice ?

I was told to sign this Consumer Notice when going to check out a house in
July. The agent said I have to sign it since she represented the house and
since I didnt have an agent in that area to bring. So since she was
representing both of us.. the agent and the seller, I had to sign this
Consumer Notice... I got a copy of the notice and at the top it says "This
notice must be provided to the consumer at the first contact where a
substantive discussion about real estate occurs".

Is it true that I had to sign this? I still dont understand it fully but
basically he kept insisting that it is NOT a contract...just that he is
telling me information about the house and that he is representing the
owner..or something like that..

Does signing this mean , I cannot make a direct deal with the owner now?
(minus the agent)

I get a headache trying to understand all this small print stuff... Its
almost like its specially coded so that only agents and lawyers can
understand it. Ridiculous...our stupid laws.