Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin Jim McLaughlin is offline

Default Motion-Detector Light and Deer

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I have a deer (or a very large rabbit) eating hostas in our back yard.
Would a motion detector security light scare it away? I don't want to put
any poisons or other such things out there.

I have heard folks talk about a "Rainbird" type sprinkler head that has a
motion sensor on it. Deer shows up, valve releases, deer gets pelted with
the dangerous dihydrogenmonoxide and additinally is startled by the sound of
he "rainbird" ratcheting through its cycle.

I think I saw it demonstrated n ne of the TOH spnoffs -- probably an "ASk
This Old House" show.

Even if you don't have an installed sprinkler system, I've seen hose
connected metal bases for the "Rainbird" type heads.

No idea who carries these, but I'm sure the BORG doesn't.

Shotgun ammo is bound to be cheaper. One New Jersey style pumpkin ball and
you've got fresh meat.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.