Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman Joe Gorman is offline

Default DW705 explosion

RicodJour wrote:
Clint wrote:
It's pretty hard to clamp a piece that's only a half-inch long, especially
with a compound cut... Trying to rig up some sort of zero clearance back
and side base for the saw might be productive, though. But I probably
wouldn't have thought about it till reading this thread.

IThere really should be some sort of mechanism to block entry into the
blade housing. I get pieces up there more than I would prefer. No
injury or damage so far (fingers firmly crossed).

I saw a tip in one of the WWing mags a while back that had you push a
thumbtack through one end of a rubber band into the scrap to be. Make
sure the point of the tack will not be hit by the blade. Tack the other
end of the rubber band about 1 1/2 times it's length from the scrap to
the fence. this keeps it from bouncing back into the blade. Haven't
tried it though.
Joe