Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful . mrcheerful                                                                          . is offline

Default More hybrid figures...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
mrcheerful
. wrote:
as to real world stuff, my friend has a prius, he gets 60 plus in the
winter and 55 plus in the summer. plus low tax and congestion charge.

I'd suggest he checks his figures accurately. The Prius is even further
away from its 'official' figures in real world use. Those official figures
have recently been revised downwards in the US after many complaints.
Hasn't happened here yet as they're so rare on UK roads.

He is a bit of an obsessive, so every litre is logged, so the 60 figure is
accurate for him, sorry about that. Try one, take it for a drive, you will
be converted.

As for the Hummer being cheap, it is worked out over a 300,000 mile
lifespan, from cradle to grave as it were, taking into account costs to
build, emissions to build, servicing etc. etc. and costs to dismantle and
scrap.

I got the link from one of the car groups.

http://www.reason.org/commentaries/d...20060719.shtml

mrcheerful