Andy Hall

Default Dual double pole FCU switches

On 8 Sep 2003 00:39:57 -0700, (Ian) wrote:

Dear All,

I am trying to tidy up the kitchen wiring prior to fitting a new set
of units and worktops. As I have a large number of fused spurs
(boiler, washing machine, fridge, dishwasher, hob, extractor, 2*lights
under units) I was hoping to tidy up the array of single FCU switches.
I had planned to use dual metal back boxes but was wondering if anyone
knows of a supplier of dual FCU switch plates?

This would be wired into the ring main and allow two fused spurs in a
neat and tidy fashion.

I have looked on the BES, TLC etc www pages with no luck.

thanks

Ian

A good solution to this would be to use grid system components, then
you can build what you want. There are several brands, but MK have
the most comprehensive range that I've seen.

Basically you buy the back box, and then a frame for the appropriate
number of modules. The modules click into place and then there is a
front plate that fits over this. Face plates are in the usual white
plastic or metal patterns.

There are double pole switches (20A), neon indicators and fuses. For
a double FCU, you would need as a minimum a four module plate, which
is the width of a double socket. This would need two switches and
two fuses. If you wanted neons as well then it would be a six module
plate which is three above three and slightly larger.

You can order labelled switches if you want to be fancy.

Electrical wholesalers have this stuff and I've also seen it B&Q.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl