Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin Jim McLaughlin is offline

Default Installing Programable Thermostat - Help?

Nice site.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"George" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Trying to go from a four wire cooling/heating unit to a Honeywell
RTH7000 series. I cannot get the cooling unit to go on, everything is
hot air. I have the following wires:

Rc

On my old unit the Y was attached to both the Y and W. Does this mean
I have to run some kind of jumper between the Y and W in the Honeywell
thermostat? Can anyone help?

If there are only four wires you will probably need to pull a new
thermostat wire with more conductors
Check this link
http://www.toad.net/~jsmeenen/wiring.html

Hope this helps