Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] deb_dolittle@yahoo.com is offline

Default Spiders in the tub

I know spiders are our friends but one of my kids got bit by a spider
last month and his leg swelled up. Consequently, he freaks when he sees
one in the tub and refuses to get in! (Some of them are pretty big and
scary looking). Also, we have black widows around, so I have taught my
kids to be weary of spiders, especially ugly, black ones..

wrote:
On 9 Aug 2006 12:51:55 -0700,
wrote:

Lately there have been spiders crawling up the tub drain pipe. I also
found one in my kitchen sik his morning. Does this mean I have a broken
drain pipe? Is this a common problem?

Are there any cheap solutions to preventing these spiders from invading
my sinks and tubs?

Thanks

Deb

HOLY CRAP
It's the invasion of SPIDERS FROM HELL.....
It could even be SPIDER MAN.....

Are you missing any family members yet? I hear these tub spiders can
eat a whole person in 10 minutes.....

On a more serious note (of course spiders eating people is a pretty
serious matter), I always find spiders in my tub too. How they get in
there is beyond me. I highly doubt they are coming up the drain. The
traps are filled with water like they should be. I just figure they
are in the house, they get into the tub, and they cant escape because
the tub walls are too slippery. So, they get smashed with a fly
swatter and life goes on..... Spiders are not all that terrible...

And there is always the possibliity the spiders need a bath and they
dont have their own bath tubs !!!!

Mark