Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Bathroom in Basement

wrote:
Hey, although this isn't home repair, it is an addition, so I hope this
is a good forum for such a question...

We have a basement with a drain for a toilet, but not for any other
waste. Now, if I wanted to install a shower in this room, how would I
get that to drain without drilling into my foundation? I really would
rather find some method that doesn't require digging through solid
concrete in order to get a shower to drain in that room.

SNIP

How do you *know* this is a drain for a toilet? (Not being smart.)
Does it have a closet flange? Was there a toilet before?

If it turns out to be a "floor drain", you have no assurance
just "where" it terminates.

If you simply want a shower, get a raised base shower stall
which has provision built-in for a 2" drain which can run right
at floor level. (And verify this actually is a sanitary drain.)