Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Digital Monostable?

"cooldude" writes:

Hi,

1) Is there any equivalent to monostable in fully digital electronics
(logic gates)? I am trying to trigger a pulse (a set width) with a very
narrow recovery time (in the range of 100ns or less) before the next.
74LS221 seems to work although getting weird pulses (very short
retrigger pulses) occasionally.

This is not a problem with the device but rather power supply decoupling,
glitches on the clock signal, a race condition, or noise on the wiring.
Monostables work reliably when properly fed.