Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Tool You Just Love To Use

On 14 Aug 2006 07:51:22 -0700, "bf" wrote:

mac davis wrote:
I can turn a scrap 2x2" into shavings and kindling and get more pleasure and
stress relief than a month of visits to a shrink..

]

I'd have to say the lathe is the most enjoyable for me too. A lot less
stress too. If you make a goof, you just toss the piece in the trash.
It's truly relaxing.

In contrast, when you're working on a large china cabinent/kitchen
table for months and you make a goof, it becomes real stressful.

yeah.... and the nice thing is that if you screw up bad enough on the lathe, it
becomes "art".. *g*

As one who gets frustrated with not-quite-square corners or could-be-tighter
joints, the freedom of form and such on the lathe is a definite plus..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis