Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default More hybrid figures...

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
By taxing at a rate that is greater than proportionate to use, you are
more likely to affect behaviour.

Except that it doesn't work. People who want to have big, fuel
consuming cars will pay for them.

Of course. To prevent that, you'd have to ban them, which I do not
propose. However, I would like them to pay much more than proportionally
more. That money I would like to see invested in CO2 neutral energy
technology.

Also, it would deter a good number of people as well. Only the real petrol
heads will continue with a Group G car. Lots of people would be put off
and buy something less damaging.

Christian.

I think the solution is to make people drive Ford GT40s like Jeremy
Clarkson. Single digit mpg figures when used in anger but it only works for
1 day in every 10 so the average emissions are better than a hybrid.
--
Dave Baker
www.pumaracing.co.uk