Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Wood burning stoves - what is the state of the art?

wrote:
Guy King wrote:
Wood smoke contains an amazing array of chemicals, many of them
extremely nasty. It's one of the reasons people smoke food to preserve
it, the bugs are killed by the heat but are prevented from reinfecting
by the toxins on the surface.

Perhaps I'm very green but what could be more natural than a wood fire?
Just because you see a plume of smoke coming off it is not evidence of
pollution.
The oil burners where you cant see a plume of smoke may contain much
more toxic chemicals that are invisible.
I am not a scientist but you cant go too far wrong if you stick to the
natural way.

I suggest you take your own advice and stop trying to talk so
knowledgably about things you clearly know nothing about.

MBQ