Posted to alt.home.repair
steve steve is offline

Default Black & Decker charger repair

I have a ps160 checked that color code its from the led
gold,black,red,green mine are ok but charger still dosen't work it must
be the unit itself I'm new to this google site and need help myself
finding parts let me know if you see this post.
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Don't have such a charger -- but some other ideas. Might want to get a
float charger from Harbor Freight, and wire that onto your specialized
plug adaptor.

Second thought. Be sure it's a resistor, not a diode.

Third. Get a power supply plug from www.sciplus.com and guess at
charging times.

Fourth, pitch the drill in the scrap and buy another one from
www.harborfreight.com ; I have a 12 volt Drill Master, and really
worth the $15 I paid for it, half price sale.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Black & Decker PS160 charger - 12V. It stopped working, so I
opened it up to have a look. There are only 2 resistors in these
things. One of the two resistors has blown, probably because I left
the
unit plugged in for too long and ruined one of my batteries.

Black & Decker has not been able to help. The warranty is over, so
they
told me to buy a new one. They said they don't have records of what
parts were used in the charger. I've looked high and low for someone
who might have a schematic, but no luck.

Here's what I'm pleading for:
I need someone who has the PS160 charger to look at the circuit board
and tell me the colors of the bands on resistor R2 (there is a label
visible under the resistor). It's the one right next to the LED. My
resistor is burnt and I can't see the middle band(s) at all. It looks
like one end is a brown band, and the other is likely blue but might
be
green. Can't be sure because of the damage.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

JC