nightjar

Default Garage Lighting

"John Rumm" wrote in message
PoP wrote:

I'm just doing up my garage/workshop and would appreciate advice on
what sort of lighting to put up. It's a double-width garage, one

I used 4 x 5' 65W tubes in my 12' x 8' workshop. With magnolia walls and
ceiling you get a very good working light.

Also make sure you buy the diffusers for the strip lights - they have
saved a tube numerous times when I have accidentally clomped one with a
bit of wood!

As my garage is unheated, I used IP65 sealed units, which not only protect
the tubes from accidental damage, but also, if you make sure the entries are
sealed and close them in warm, dry conditions, from condensation in winter.
As the tubes lose light output with age, it is a good idea in a workshop to
replace them every 2 or 3 years, depending on the use they get. Cleaning the
diffusers regularly also makes a lot of difference.

Colin Bignell