Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] noelogara@hotmail.com is offline

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Christian.

If you really want to be warm, forget about underfloor heating.
Whenever I look at a these systems they invariably are used in
conjunction with other heaters and the owners just wont admit that they
are useless because they spent so much money putting them in.

Total ********

Its the sole form of heating here apart from open wires we only use on
the very coldest days, and they keep 250sq meters totally warm.

Done properly, its better than anything else.

Put a decent layer of insulation under the floor and leave it at that.

That is mandatory anyway.

Seems to me that you are dishing out advice to people and you really
dont even know what you are talking about.
In another thread you were offering your inside wisdom on wood burning
stoves and you dont even have one.
Then you said you had a large open fire and now you claim to have under
floor heating.
And you then rubbish other people's advices.
I really think you should change that misleading name you put on
yourself.
If the UFH is so great why do you need a large open fire?
If the open fire is so great why do you need the UFH?
Your advice is seriously misleading to genuine enquirers so please
restrain your advice to matters that you actually know about.