Posted to alt.home.repair
Saml Saml is offline

Default Removing Linoleum Glue

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"Saml" wrote in
:

Read this Q&A: http://www.infotile.com.au/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001971.html
Many mentions of Krud Cutter.

Look like the same article I read. I had a suspicion the author was a
salesperson for Krud Kutter...

Maybe you inherited what you have. Hope you didn't pull up a fairly
intact floor. With linoleum/vinyl, you only need to cut away any loose,
curled, bubbles flush with the rest of the linoleum.

I don't think so. The linoleum was laid around a counter, which we
discovered when we removed the counter, so we had a 2x8' strip of cement.

Skim coat the floor with portland cement based Armstrong S-184 filling in
any recesses including the recesses in the old linoleum pattern.

So just tiling over existing linoleum is the trick if it is well stuck down?

Thanks

Sam