Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is it possible to get Liquid Wrench in quarts

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:36:27 GMT, "Pete C."

mm wrote:
Is it possible to get Liquid Wrench or the equivalent in quarts.
Instead of the 4 oz bottles which is the largest size I've seen "nut
busters" in.

Penetrating oils are just naptha and machine oil...... buy a quart of
light grade oil...even automotive oil...get the thinnest
viscosity...and a quart of naptha... mix them together.

Its just oil that is thinned down with a solvent....nothing magical
about them....they are all the same though many folks think one is
better than the other.

Try a few of them side by side for their intended use and you'll find
there are tremendous differences. If you're just going to sniff them as
you must if you think they're all the same then for that purpose they
probably are.

Sniffing Liquid Wrench is really bad for you. One of my buds did it
and he's still in the sanitarium.

Stick to glue.

Pete C.

This reminds me of a time maybe 15 years ago I was camping during July
4 week with Rainbow (nothing to do with the "coalition".) And it was
the middle of the night and I was up for some reason, some
non-controversial reason, and Rainbow discourages drugs, but with
10,000 mostly young people camping together**, there are bound to be
those using drugs. So some guy comes by in the middle of the night to
one of the "kitchens", and he has mushrooms, which he diligently
informs us are hallucinogenic. Now I've never use illegal drugs, and
I avoid legal ones (and it's a good thing too, because if I had, I'd
think my short term memory was bad because of drugs. It's actually
just getting older. )

So the guy offers the mushrooms, and there are 3 of us there, and a
girl about 9 or 10 wants some, but the guy won't give her any because
she's so young. Amd she says "I had my first pot when I was 5 and my
first hit of acid when I was 7 and there's no reason I can't have
mushroom." and the third person there (besides the itinerant mushroom
provider), a guy around 15 or 16, pipes up, "I think one should wait
until his brain is fully developed before he damages it [with drugs]."

Then he took some mushroom for himself, and, given that, his statement
was one of the stupidest I had ever heard or have heard since.

**Over 500 or 1000 acres or more.