Posted to rec.woodworking
Don Fearn Don Fearn is offline

Default Tool You Just Love To Use

Because "# Fred #" could, he/she/it opin'd:

Chainsaw with a new chain but I ran out of trees to cut.

Oh. Chainsaw. I din't make the connection 'cause I was thinking
woodWORKING . . . .

OK, I LOVE my new Husqvarna 455!

I'd run lots of other chainsaws, but never had the need for one of my
own until a couple of weeks ago when a huge oak out back got blown
down. I could have borrowed one, but any excuse for a new toy, right?

Now that the tree's cut into logs I'm trying to make lumber with a
Logosol Timberjig:
http://www.logosol.com/webb/sawmills..._timberjig.php

I've made two planks, but I obviously need a chain with a different
cutting angle 'cause using the crosscut chain that came with the saw
is TEDIOUSLY slow, and probably kinda hard on the saw.

But I'm making a LOT of sawdust!!!

Sure, I know the adage:

That carpenter is not the best
Who makes more dust than all the rest

Oh yeah, it's not an adage, it's an old saw . . . .

-Don
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman