Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

mkkbb wrote:
Interesting thoughts brought up. I think the underfloor option will
probably be too expensive for me, but I will definately look into the
fan heaters. Thanks everyone.

If you are doing it from scratch is is very cheap.

I think that I spent around £300 on the pump/manifold and relay
stiff..beyond that teh cost of the pipe was no more than radiators, and
piping and the cost of laying it was a day on a computer drawing program
to plan the pipes, and about a morning laying it before the screeders
got busy. FAR less work than soldering up copper pipework is.

Given the cost of plumbers and the time it takes to lay copper, I think
it was actually cheaper.

Wiring it all up took me a day..probably he most challenging part
really. Got a Eurobox, DIN rails, stuck some large connector blocks in
and a relay, and a 3 zone timer, and spent a merry day connecting it all
together. There's a LOT of wire in there..