Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

mkkbb wrote:
Is it OK to have underfloor heating as your primary heat source for a
room (I'm looking at installing it into my kitchen)?

Definitely if the insulation is up to snuff and teh density of pipe is
great enough to match the heatloss.

If so, what type and output would I need to get? I'm only looking at
covering about 9 square metres.

between 50W/sq meter and 200W/sq meter depending on room insulatuon and
heatloss.

So between 450W and 2KW...

You MUST insulate the floor though, or it will be bearer 400W/sq meter,
with you providing a nice little soil heater for the worms..

TIA.