Posted to alt.home.repair
wgd wgd is offline

Default Possible to repair a cracked heat pump fan blade?

I have a 20+ year old York heat pump. It's working pretty good although I
noticed that one of the fan blades in the outside unit has cracked.

I'm going to have the unit serviced soon. I don't know if a replacement
for the fan blades for this motor is available. The motor has been
replaced a couple of times over the years. I seem to remember one of the
service guys saying the current electric motor was made by G.E.

Probably the only option I'll be presented with is a complete motor
replacement. I think it cost something like $250 the last time it was
replaced several years ago. No doubt it will be more expensive now.

The outside unit motor is currently working fine. I don't want the expense
of replacing it just for a cracked fan blade.

How would you go about repairing the crack, if that is possible? Or could
the fan blade unit be replaced with a generic blade assembly with a
similar size?

The photo link below shows the outside motor, if that is any help. Thanks,
in advance, for any information you can provide.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...-fan-blade.jpg