Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Paul is offline

Default Dehumidifier where fan is NOT always on - Is there such a thing?

My preference is to let the normal diffusion of humidity handle this,
not the fan.

I don't believe that the corner of the bathroom with the dehumidifier
would be dry while the opposite corner is saturated. A dehumidifier
with "fan-auto-shutoff" might turn on & off a little more often, but I
choose the energy savings that come with having the fan & compressor
always off in the majority of time when the desired humidity has been
reached.

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Paul wrote:
Hi All,

I just purchased a Danby dehumidifier from Costco & have the following
beefs;

- the fan is always on. Customer Service tried to tell me that it's
actually more energy efficient to run the fan constanly - an argument
I find somewhat demeaning.

- even the the humdity is lower then the set-humidity, the compressor
kicks in periodically.

I'd REALLY prefer a dehumidifier that "shuts down" when the desired
humdity level has been reached - can anyone advise if there is such a
product out there?

I just replace all the light bulbs in the house with compact floresent
sp? - I a little miffed that this dehumidifier will now such as much
power out of the grid as I'd though I was saving.

Thanks!

I think the problem in part is they are using the fan to circulate the
air and to get the more moist air past the humidity sensor. If you don't
move the air the dehumidifier would not be very responsive.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit