Posted to alt.home.repair
yourname yourname is offline

Default Bamboo flooring

Keith Williams wrote:
In article HR1Eg.2006$v_1.1489@trndny01, says...

Alan wrote:

The bamboo samples I checked out were quite hard indeed much harder
than red oak or maple, and because of its stability, it would seem to
make a good kitchen flooring.

I have vertical [natural] bamboo, and it is nowhere near a hard as oak.
My dog has clawed it up [without breaking the finish] and has not done
so on the oak in my house. So although I like it, the hardness stuff is bs.

It *is* harder than Oak, and about as hard as Maple. Hardness is
relatively easy for the manufacturers to test. BTW, a dog will
have no problems clawing up Oak or Maple either.

OK, it *ISNT* harder than oak, because I have had the house for 10
years, with the same dog, and the 10 year old[actually 16 yo] oak floors
are relatively speaking, undamaged. So there is a gravity shift between
my living room and my hallway[and bedrooms] then bamboo is in fact not
harder than oak.