Posted to rec.woodworking
bob bob is offline

Default Kitchen Island features

If you haven't already incorporated them into the rest of your cabinets, I
would suggest a set of what they now call pot drawers. These are usually a
couple of 30-36" deep drawers that are perfect for storing pots and pans.
Way more space-efficient than groping into the back of a standard
cupboard/shelf to get a pot out.
I'm in the process of designing an island as well, though with one short end
being attached to the wall it would more correctly be called a peninsula.
Two big pot drawers are #1 on the list of must-haves for us.

--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
In my quest to build kitchen cabinets, after getting the base cabinets

made
(granite countertops were installed today), I'm getting ready to embark on
an island. For the most part, the base cabinets were pretty much

standard.
For the island, I'm wondering if anyone who has built kitchen cabinets
incorporated any (for lack of a better term) "cool" features. Or, for

those
who haven't, are there any features you'd like to see? Along of the lines
of what I'm talking about could range from a special drawer to hold the
aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc., to a pop-up mixer stand.

todd